Do all these learning activities in the order in which they appear
- Read the short story The abandoned house
- Check your understanding by doing the quizzes at the end of the short story.
- Study this story map carefully before you do the activities below.
- Play this interactive game. It's lots of fun and you learn lots of useful things about writing a story
- In the short story The abandoned house, identify the following elements of a good story. Post them on the discussion forum and share your views with your classmates.
- Create your own story. Use steps 1 and 3 to help you. Check whether you have included all the elements of a good story by revising your work using this rubric. Your story should begin with the following words: "When Alan left his house that morning, he couldn't imagine that it would be a day he would never forget."
- When you have finished, post your short story in the contact page by copy-pasting your word document. You may choose to illustrate your story using Storybird. If so, copy-paste the link.
- When you have posted your work, it will be uploaded below. You will have to read and evaluate your classmates' work and post your evaluation in Peer Evaluation. I am going to give each of you a mark in the class lesson. Let's see whether the mark that you have given your fellow students corresponds to mine!!